EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Aluminum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark

Aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Aluminum   Aluminum EmptyMarch 13th 2009, 4:44 pm

I'm trying to figure out what to do with some aluminum I've acquired. (5 pieces of ~1/8" wall rectangular tube ~4.25"x6"x37.5"; and 1 piece x-track(?) ~1.25"x1.25"x75").

I don't really know of a purpose that would make the most of their value: I'm currently working on finally building an EZ Bridge, but I don't see a particularly good application of this aluminum for that.

And I don't want to use them for something that could be done as well - or better - with a less expensive alternative; I don't need a gold back scratcher.

My Internet searching has me thinking this could be worth ~$200 or more. I'd love to sell, trade, or barter it.

Any thoughts? Or should I just start listing it for sale (or trade or barter) here, or on SMC, Craig's list, etc.?

Many thanks,
Mark
Back to top Go down
Bruce Benjamin

Aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum   Aluminum EmptyMarch 14th 2009, 3:35 am

Mark wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what to do with some aluminum I've acquired. (5 pieces of ~1/8" wall rectangular tube ~4.25"x6"x37.5"; and 1 piece x-track(?) ~1.25"x1.25"x75").

I don't really know of a purpose that would make the most of their value: I'm currently working on finally building an EZ Bridge, but I don't see a particularly good application of this aluminum for that.

And I don't want to use them for something that could be done as well - or better - with a less expensive alternative; I don't need a gold back scratcher.

My Internet searching has me thinking this could be worth ~$200 or more. I'd love to sell, trade, or barter it.

Any thoughts? Or should I just start listing it for sale (or trade or barter) here, or on SMC, Craig's list, etc.?

Many thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark. Welcome to the EZ forum. About the only thing I can come up with for the rectangular tubing is 4 table legs, (And a spare Wink ) for a new Power Bench. I don't know exactly what the x-track is so I can't make a suggestion. You might consider selling the materials and putting the proceeds towards some new EZ tools or maybe some wood for a project. If I got that aluminum tubing I'd use it to replace the 2x4s as the legs for my PBB. Maybe someone else has some better ideas.

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Mark

Aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum   Aluminum EmptyMarch 14th 2009, 11:02 pm

Thanks, Bruce!

Yeah, using them for legs seems to be what comes to mind first. But it just seems like *so* much overkill (I need to post photos; I've got to figure out how to do it on this forum). They're basically the size of 4"x6" (actual) timbers.

Aluminum Alumin22Aluminum Alumin23 Aluminum Alumin25 Aluminum Alumin26Aluminum Alumin27

And here's what the "x-track" looks like:

http://www.8020.net/Catalog-Intro.asp

I suppose I could cut the square tube items to make BIG angle stock, but I'm leaning towards selling (or trading or bartering) the stuff and getting more EZ tools (or *any* tools; can't have too many, can ya)? I think that's the way I'll go...

Mark

Last edited by Mark on March 18th 2009, 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleted duplicate photo)
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

Aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum   Aluminum EmptyMarch 15th 2009, 5:00 am

Mark,

It is simple. You use either of these two buttons, depending on where the pictures are to be hosted. Clicking either button will open a pop-up window, clicking the button a second time will close that pop-up window.

Aluminum Postpi10

The right button is used when you want to post a picture that is already hosted elsewhere (i.e. in a Picasa Web Album). Clicking it gives you this pop-up window. You simply enter or paste the URL in the text box and click the "Ok" button.

Aluminum Postpi21

The left button is used when you want the picture hosted by the host that is used by the forum. Clicking it gives you this pop-up window.

Aluminum Postpi11

You can browse for a picture that is on your machine (as is selected in this picture), or enter the URL of a picture that is located on the Internet. Clicking the "Browse" button gives you a "File Upload" window from which you can select your picture.

Aluminum Postpi16

Once you have selected your picture file and clicked the "Open" button, click the "Host It" button, and the pop-up window changes to this.

Aluminum Postpi12

There are three choices for how you want the picture displayed. The top will select the code to display a thumbnail of the picture, that when clicked will open the picture in another browser window.

Aluminum Ez-log10

The middle button will select the code for displaying the picture in your post.

Aluminum Ez-log10

And the bottom button will select the code that will display a link to the picture on the hosting site.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/12/63/07/52/ez-log10.jpg

When you click the "Copy" button next to your choice, it highlights the code for implementing that choice. You simply copy (Ctrl-C or right click/Copy) the code into the clipboard and paste it into the post where you want it to appear.

Aluminum Postpi10

Clicking the "Preview" button will allow you to preview what the post is going to look like before you send it.

Last edited by Dik Harrison on April 1st 2009, 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ezsmart.blogspot.com
Mark

Aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum   Aluminum EmptyMarch 16th 2009, 3:51 pm

Thanks so much for the excellent guide, Dik! It's hard to beat a visual for helping to explain, isn't it?

And thanks for all your work on behalf of the whole EZ community! (holy cow, I see you posted this at 4:00am?!).

Mark
Back to top Go down
DinoTheCarpenter

Aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum   Aluminum EmptyMarch 17th 2009, 10:15 pm

Mark,
We trade you for ez tools.
I can use the large tubing for a new super ez table legs?
You get 125% of your aluminum value for ez stuff.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eurekazone.com
Mark

Aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum   Aluminum EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 4:26 pm

Hi, Dino!

Sounds great to me! Thanks so much! I'll give a call to work out details.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum   Aluminum Empty

Back to top Go down

Aluminum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EurekaZone Focus Group :: D.I.Y the EZ Way! :: How To-
Jump to: