EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Dik thanks and no thanks!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike Goetzke

PostSubject: Dik thanks and no thanks!   March 18th 2009, 1:50 pm

Dik - thanks great job re-posting many of the SMC posts here. No thanks (maybe thanks) - it got the re-build my PBB creative juices flowing again.

On my last couple of projects I used the EZ-Tools only (even though I have a Unisaw). But, last weekend I was cutting some laminate covered shelving for some drawers I'm working on and decided to use my Unisaw. I was like wow I really missed this saw. Then it came time to cut the drawer bottoms from some 1/4" ply and fell in love with my PBB again because of the perfectly square panels it produces. I sat back and thought about why I liked the Uni so much and I came to the conclusion that it's mostly the Biese fence system. We'll with Dik's re-post of a couple of EZ-Uni's now I have to make one (if I can fit it in my garage). I already have a new Powermatic Biese clone that I bought last year. The fence bar is about 6' long and I may have to cut it which keeps putting off this mod. Also, I'm used to having the fence to the right on a TS but to have the keeper under the rail and squaring stop in the front the Biese needs to go to the left. Time for some SketchUP - I'll probably need Dik's help with SU too. Laughing

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burt

PostSubject: Re: Dik thanks and no thanks!   March 18th 2009, 5:46 pm

Mike,

I understand exactly what you are talking about. I was going to eliminiate my uni fences but just couldn't do it. It means a lot to be able to set the fence with one push and be sure that it is accurate.

I've added a unifence to a new cross cutter and also added one to a current style 25 x 50.

Also I use the rip setup to the right side of the rail. On rip cuts, the keeper is not under the rail. On cross cuts, I do put the keeper under the rail.

I'll have to get you some photos.

Burt
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dik thanks and no thanks!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EurekaZone Focus Group :: Eurekazone Tools General :: Eurekazone Tools-
Jump to: