EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What do I need to buy?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
20thunderjet

What do I need to buy? Empty
PostSubject: What do I need to buy?   What do I need to buy? EmptyMay 21st 2009, 5:17 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum..........have a nice shop (DIY'er) but struggle with larger sheets of 3/4" panel for my cabinets. Have researched several different guide systems and have decided on the EurekaZone system. Would like to take advantage of the sale going on now but not sure what to purchase. Pretty sure about the guide system but what about the table system. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Talbert McMullin

PostSubject: Re: What do I need to buy?   What do I need to buy? EmptyMay 23rd 2009, 12:01 am

You will need the "homeowner kit" with a few modifications. You will also need a bridge if you build any kind of power bench at all. Talk to George. He knows exactly what will work for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.azdustdevil.com
Burt

PostSubject: Re: What do I need to buy?   What do I need to buy? EmptyMay 23rd 2009, 8:30 am

It's always difficult to know what to tell others to buy without knowing exactly what they have and exactly what they want to do. My guess is you would want the 114" set for the long rips. The square for your large cross cuts, and the repeaters and cabinet maker for repeat cuts. The smart table will give you the support you need for cuts with these tools. This should solve your problems with sheet goods. Anyway it is what I use primarily for making cabinets in a commerical shop.

The powerbench is a great addition but I'm assuming that you have at least an adequate table saw. Eventuially you will want the power bench but I think it is best to learn how to use the free rails before going to the power bench. The techniques you learn will come in handy. I see the free rails and Power bench as complimenting each other instead of it being an either or situation.

And before I forget, Welcome to the EZ forum.

Burt
Back to top Go down
Gabe O

PostSubject: Re: What do I need to buy?   What do I need to buy? EmptyMay 26th 2009, 10:30 pm

My advise after putting the sysem to work on a daily basis is buy the 100" kit, the smart square, 24" rail, and three connectors for each rail section. I just buy the connector extrusion, drill and tap, cut to needed lengths. Its a little cheaper to buy the extrusion and you can make them any lenghth needed up to 5'. With this setup you will have most jobs covered. Don't buy the smart square handle. Buy a kreg clamp or welding clamp or even a tradesman clamp and CLAMP your guide to the workpiece. I don't know why this isn't sold standard this way. This allows one hand on the saw and one hand to hold onto/guide vacume hose and cord. Drill and tap some holes into the smart square and bolt a plywood scrap to it.
Back to top Go down
mark kosmowski

PostSubject: Re: What do I need to buy?   What do I need to buy? EmptyJune 4th 2009, 9:00 pm

When I was planning my first purchase I was thinking about the setup that Gabe recommeneds (100" kit and 24" extra rail). I was advised to get the 114" kit and 32" rail. I did so and am glad I did.

First, an 8' sheet is 96" - the 114" set gives much better overlap for really good clamping.

Next, the 32" is just long enough to not need to use a 50" piece for a small cut but isn't too long for crosscutting.

When looking at the price difference between the 100" and 114" kits, keep in mind that in addition to the extra 14" of rail extrusion, you're getting a third connector for the rails.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do!
Back to top Go down
Gabe O

PostSubject: Re: What do I need to buy?   What do I need to buy? EmptyJune 4th 2009, 10:42 pm

I am using the rails for a 10' bridge. The 114" kit would probably be better, one connection point instead of two. Have yet to try my 4' connectors on it to stiffen it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do I need to buy?   What do I need to buy? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do I need to buy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EurekaZone Focus Group :: Eurekazone Tools General :: Eurekazone Tools-
Jump to: