EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Latest project

Go down 
+2
Dik Harrison
jperrott
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jperrott

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Latest project   Latest project EmptyJuly 9th 2008, 5:17 pm

This is a photo of a custom built-in entertainment center I just finished for a client.
It started as a closet with a door and became this...

Latest project Dsc00016

10 feet wide by 8 feet tall, tambour roll down door over 50" plasma tv, 36" deep full extension drawers(qty 5) sprayed on durapoxy finish. Media storage and ventilated space for av equipment.

Will post more photos soon...

Jason
Back to top Go down
jperrott

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: More shots...   Latest project EmptyJuly 9th 2008, 6:02 pm

Before:
Latest project Dsc00017
More After:
Latest project Dsc00018

Latest project Dsc00019

Latest project Dsc00020
Cd's, dvd's, and even vhs
Latest project Dsc00021

Thanks for checking it out!
Jason
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Great job!   Latest project EmptyJuly 9th 2008, 6:18 pm

Looks great.

That is a project I have for our system in the not too distant future. Is that a tambour door for the screen? I hadn't considered that, but I might just have to now, it looks great, and I do have a tambour door router bit set I used on our appliance garage door... What I have planned is kind of in the Craftsman style, but maybe a tambour door would fit in.

Any way, great job, thanks for sharing it with us.

Dik
Back to top Go down
http://ezsmart.blogspot.com
Burt

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project EmptyJuly 9th 2008, 6:37 pm

Dik Harrison wrote:
Looks great.

That is a project I have for our system in the not too distant future. Is that a tambour door for the screen? I hadn't considered that, but I might just have to now, it looks great, and I do have a tambour door router bit set I used on our appliance garage door... What I have planned is kind of in the Craftsman style, but maybe a tambour door would fit in.

Any way, great job, thanks for sharing it with us.

Dik

Dik,

I use the Tambour occasionally like that when someone wants a set of pocket doors and the available space is not adequate for the doors. It works great and gets the door totally out of the way.

Jason,

Very nice work. Lines are very simple but presented beautifully.

Burt
Back to top Go down
Mike Goetzke

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project EmptyJuly 10th 2008, 10:00 am

Jason - nice work. Very clean looking design. What/how did you finish it?

Mike
Back to top Go down
jperrott

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Thanks guys   Latest project EmptyJuly 10th 2008, 10:37 am

Dik, the tambour was a slick solution to a problem, the customer wanted to be able to cover the tv, but the dimensions of the opening were too great for flipper doors. I found the tambour door 50" wide by 48" long, and it worked like a charm. It slides up into a false ceiling so it is totally concealed and has support ribs inside to keep it from sagging while in the up position. I can also remove the bottom of the false ceiling/back area and remove the tambour for servicing if needed.
It is just like Burt said about the size dictating the need for the tambour as other methods cant cover that large of an opening.

Burt, the goal was to match the existing cabinetry in her older home. I think the clean lines worked out well, she is still going over hanlde/knob choices so that will change the overall appearance. It looks really good with all her books and stuff loaded in, looks like it was always supposed to be there.
She is so impressed that she now wants me to do her kitchen too! Cool

Mike, the finish is 3 coats of uni-prime acrylic primer, sanded between coats. Then 3 coats of Dura-poxy+ acrylic enamel, also sanded between coats. I sprayed it all with a turbine hvlp set up. Sprayed the doors and shelves first at my shop while I was doing demo ect.., then installed carcasses into the space and set up my zipwall system. This created a spray booth in her house so I could spray all the cabinetry in place once installed. Worked great! Had a fan blowing air from the rest of her house into the area and then had the sliding glass door open to create the airflow through the booth.
The finish looks smooth and durable, worth the expense for quality product.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project EmptyJuly 10th 2008, 3:19 pm

WOW that's beautiful! Great job, not something you can buy in any store very custom, simple, and nice.

How long did it take you to finish that project?
Back to top Go down
https://eurekazone.aforumfree.com
jperrott

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 10:57 am

This project took about 2 months, this included all the design phases, reviews, customer approvals,ect.ect.
The actual production time (the fun part) took about 1 month.

The owner was out of town for 10 days so that is when I chose to do the install, that made for a really smooth work flow. She didn't see it in progress, just returned home to see the finished product. It was great to see here face when she walked in Cool

I could probably cut out about 2 weeks off this time now that I have gone through the process, the paperwork gets pretty heavy. I am licensed, bonded and insured in Oregon so there are lots of "official" steps to follow.

Never anticipated I would be making as much paper as sawdust Sad

Jason
Back to top Go down
Scott D Johnson

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project EmptySeptember 16th 2008, 8:28 am

Truly "master craftsman" level work.
What is the core made of MDF?
Can you give us weekend WW types some details on how to obtain the finish?
Can you get uni-prime acrylic primer and Dura-poxy+ acrylic enamel at a "Big Box store"? Is that just a universal acrylic primer? What is Dura-poxy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest project
Page 1 of 1