EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Laser alignment device for new uses - thinking out loud

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert Fordham

PostSubject: Laser alignment device for new uses - thinking out loud   August 21st 2008, 8:37 am

This is something that new users could use to help with the learning curve. I am a DIY guy and love the EZ.

How about an EZ laser. To illistrate my idea, take a stock SRK and add a laser pointer to the arm. Position the pointer so that it projects the line parallel to the anti chip white edge. Add micro adjustments to dial it in perfect.

To set it, make a shallow cut in scrap, position the SRK on the rail, align the laser line to the cut, lock it in place.

This can be made small and light so that it can be dropped on the rail to help align the cut then removed and set aside during the cut. A mini smart base with a small arm hanging over the edge of the guide. A small laser mounted to the arm. I have a ryobi saw with a battery powered laser mounted on top of the saw near the handle. It is useless since the saw is "un-guided" and the moment you start the cut the laser line moves off the cut line.

Take this another step and mount a laser on the UHMW block of the bridge, it needs to be able to swing up for positioning the wood, then down and out of the way for the cut.

I thought of this while responding to a post of a new user today. He did not account for the blade thickness and made his cuts short. I did this many times myself as I became familiar with the EZ system. Given the cost of wood these days it could pay for itself in a short period of time. Or this could just be a silly idea that popped into my head. That happens from time to time. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DinoTheCarpenter

PostSubject: Re: Laser alignment device for new uses - thinking out loud   August 21st 2008, 9:15 pm

Robert Fordham wrote:
= Or this could just be a silly idea that popped into my head. That happens from time to time. LOL

Hi Robert.
Silly ideas are not silly if they help us.
We will try it. Nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.eurekazone.com

Laser alignment device for new uses - thinking out loud
Page 1 of 1