EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls   Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls EmptyApril 4th 2009, 1:11 pm

This thread was originally posted on SMC by Jeff Relth. It is here with his permission. Two threads have been combined to make the thread complete.

I decided I wanted my PBB to be movable so that I could make sawdust outside the garage and not have everything coverd in dust, so I decided to mount my PBB on top of a hydraulic lift. I had seen postings and photos of some hydraulic lifts that Keith Outten had done and decided to adapt that idea.

I purchased a 1000lb. hydraulic lift at Harbor Freight. Same basic type that Northern Tools has, but we don't have Northern Tools locally in Oceanside, CA. I framed the lift top with 2 x 4's and had to notch some to fit properly. I added two pieces of 3/4 inch plywood under the PBB against the bottom of the PBB bottom plywood. That raised the PBB up high enough that I could easily put two 1/4" bolts through the 2 x 4's on each side of the lift table so that the PBB is securly in place.

It is great to be able to move the PBB around and although it is heavy, it moves fine on the wheels of the lift. I also use the lift to unload full sheets of material out of my Tahoe. I put a piece of carpet on top of the PBB (after taking off the bridge and fence) to protect both the material from scrathing and to protect the PBB surface. Then just pull the material out and roll it to where ever I need it. Very handy. The table height goes from 10" in low to 39" high, so the range is great.

I have had to adapt the handle so as to not be in the way and am not done with that process yet. I will try to make it extend in and out so that it is long enough to pull easily, but short enough to fold under the bench with it is up higher. I could just take the hanle off and attach the lowering cable to the PBB, but I am trying not to do that.

Here are a few photos. Thanks to all of you who have made so many posts about so many items and ideas. Many of them have contributed to my being able to do this. And I can't believe how easy it has been to cut material accurately and quickly with the EZ System. It is the only way to go.

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 1-move10 Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 2-move10 Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 3-a_cl10 Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 4-unde10 Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 5-a_lo10

Tom Wizer Posted:

Could you possibly upload or send me larger pictures? When I click them they are smaller than the thumbnail. I have just acquired one of these lifting trolleys and this maybe the rout I will go.

Jeff Relth Replied:

Larger photos

Tom,
Hopefully these will be better. If you have any questions I can answer, just let me know.
Jeff

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 6-cimg10

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 7-cimg10

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 8-cimg10

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 9-cimg10

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 10-cim10

Tom Wizer Replied:

Thanks Jeff. That looks like a very useful setup. Initially my trolley will just have a smart table but one day I will upgrade to a PBB.

Jeff Relth Replied:

A few more photos

A few more photos of the lift and PBB

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 11-the10 Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 12-a_v10

Larger photos

Here are larger versions of these photos

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 13-cim10

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 14-cim10

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls 15-cim10
Back to top Go down
http://ezsmart.blogspot.com
Robert L.

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls   Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls EmptyJune 6th 2009, 1:34 pm

Hi folks,

The Harbor Freight 93116 1000# lift cart is on sale at Harbor Freight stores... currently priced at $200, down from the $250 list price. The cart is also on sale on-line for $220.

I've just purchassed one and plan to have various tops for the hydraulic cart - PBB, dovetail jig, etc. I'll need to roll the cart out of the garage to make sawdust, then back inside for less dusty work and for storage. I especially like the idea of adjusting table height for comfort with whatever task is at hand.

On a side note, I'm new to this group and have various Eurekazone tools newly arrived or in transit. This group was a significant factor in my opting for the EZ Smart way of doing things. So much good information and so may great ideas. (Thank you Dino, Jeff and many others!)

If a tool could have feelings I'd suspect that my jobsite table saw is becoming rather insecure.

Best regards,
Bob
Back to top Go down

Jeff Relth - Finally finished my PBB---and it rolls
Page 1 of 1