EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anybody use a makita 5008fa saw?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian Laplume

Anybody use a makita 5008fa saw? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody use a makita 5008fa saw?   Anybody use a makita 5008fa saw? EmptyApril 14th 2009, 5:19 pm

I was lusting after the 5008 mga since my current makita wont cut a 2x4 through. I just found a makita 5008fa in a local pawnshop. It was in great shape but the blade wouldnt turn at all. I got it for 40.00. I took it home and removed the blade and the saw ran. I put the blade back on and no movement at all, just smoke Crying or Very sad . It turns out there is a spacer between the saw and the blade, it has a flat side and a stepped side. I reversed it and the saw now runs fine! It just barely fit the smart base. Its mounted and I used it on my powerbench to cut up the parts for my smart table. I cut down some 1x12 boards to 1x3's then trimmed them to 12". I was tempted to just cut them to size on the radial arm saw...I just set up my square blocks, marked a cutoff line on the boards, lined the line up with the bridge and sliced them up. nice and ez!
My Radial arm saw is now up for sale, I'm afraid I wont be able to sell my table saw but its only because its got sentimental value. Its an old sears craftsman 100 that belonged to both my grandfather and my dad.
Thanks Dino for a smarter safer way to work
Brian
Back to top Go down
Burt

Anybody use a makita 5008fa saw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody use a makita 5008fa saw?   Anybody use a makita 5008fa saw? EmptyApril 15th 2009, 12:54 am

Brian,

I had looked at the 5008FA a couple of times before I purchased the 5008MGA. That certainly sounds like a super price. I had one of the 5007fa's and it was a good saw. I've had 7 different Makita saws on the EZ ralls and they all performed well.

Enjoy.

Burt
Back to top Go down

Anybody use a makita 5008fa saw?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EurekaZone Focus Group :: Eurekazone Tools General :: Eurekazone Tools-
Jump to: