EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bo Jones

My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments Empty
PostSubject: My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments   My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments EmptyMay 30th 2009, 9:16 pm

Pardon the new thread, but learning how to insert an image and ended up a new thread.

Bert, the 24"x48" AB is the cross cut, squaring, etc. table. The rail will go from front A to back D and be on 24" SME's so I can move it until I learn my preferred location. A raised edge (fence, squaring fence or called what?) will run along the front edge with a 90o angle to the rail.

I want to try the right side as a place to set up for routing. Hope this describes my thoughts adequately for you all's comments and suggestions.

My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments Bench_10

Thanks
Bo
Back to top Go down
Burt

My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments   My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments EmptyJune 3rd 2009, 11:54 am

Bo,

Apologies- I've been trying to make friends with shingles - the kind we young folks have!

The reason I asked the question about cross cutting was that I became frustrated with a recent all purpose bench when I tried to use it for cross cutting. It got tired of walking back and forth to raise the rails. If you like to pull the board to you when you cross cut there is no problem. I prefer to press the board against the fence as I push the saw - that gets all of the forces going in the same direction. On your drawing, let's say I am standing at "a". I installed a easily removable fence between "b & c" that way I can make cross cuts without running back and forth between "A & D" It is only a couple of steps but when you are doing several cuts.

Recently, I had been working on single purpose setups. Now I am getting ready to retire so I am looking more at the multiple use setups - one table that does it all.

A combo of essentially being out of work for medical reasons for about two years and the recent slide of the economy is cramping my plans. I may end up selling the shop I have now and building a much smaller one in my backyard.

Burt
Back to top Go down

My Bench Plans for Advice and Comments
Page 1 of 1