EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

A couple power benches

Go down 
+2
Dik Harrison
Burt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Burt

A couple power benches Empty
PostSubject: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 30th 2009, 9:45 pm

Just having a little fun with some festool supporters on JLC and thought you guys might like to see two of my favorite power benches. Neither has been posted before in this format.

Burt

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=drgivcf.by0wiyyj&x=0&y=gchwkc&localeid=en_US&cm_mmc=site_email-_-site_share-_-core-_-view_photos_button
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 30th 2009, 10:31 pm

Burt,

Great benches. I think I need to look at these closer, I'm thinking about redesigning The Router Power Bench I'm going to build, and I think some of your ideas need to be incorporated.
Back to top Go down
http://ezsmart.blogspot.com
Burt

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 30th 2009, 10:58 pm

Dik Harrison wrote:
Burt,

Great benches. I think I need to look at these closer, I'm thinking about redesigning The Router Power Bench I'm going to build, and I think some of your ideas need to be incorporated.

Dik,

You're more than welcome to use what yoiu would like.

Burt
Back to top Go down
Mike Goetzke

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 30th 2009, 11:53 pm

I really like the first design. I've been looking for a way to incorporate a TS type fence into my PBB and this got the ideas flowing. I was thinking I was going to have to build a new bench. After looking this over I can just slide things around a bit and add the new fence to the front SME. I can also add "outriggers" where/when needed to do long boards and miter saw type cuts.

1) is there a way you could post the pics so we could download them for reference?

2) (for others - I have PM'd Burt a few times about using a Powermatic/Biese clone fence on my PBB) Burt - FYI, you were right, if I cut the fence guide tube and support rail down for use on my bench they weight about 20#. Less than I thought. The fence comes in at 22#. Wonder if there is a way to lighten it up?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Randal

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 31st 2009, 1:23 am

Stupid question. Is there a way to log into someones gallery, without the link, on that site? (flash 10 not supported by my main machine, which needs a major rebuild).

Thanks (checked it out via my netbook)
Back to top Go down
Bill Griggs

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 31st 2009, 7:59 am

Nice tables Burt. What is JLC?

Bill
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 31st 2009, 8:41 am

Burt,

I use Google's Picasa. You can use it to import from your camera, organize and edit your pictures, and export them to a Picasa Web Album, from which viewers can capture them to study them on their own machine. It is very versatile, powerful, and user friendly. And it is FREE...
Back to top Go down
Burt

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 31st 2009, 6:42 pm

Mike - Would Photo Bucket help?

Bill - JLC is Journal of Light Construction. They have a very active forum. If you say EZ - Duck - The stuff is about to fly. That place should be called Festool heaven.

Dik - How Photo bucket compare to Picasa? I'm very much a novice with all this computer stuff.

Burt
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyMarch 31st 2009, 7:04 pm

Burt,

I really don't know Photo Bucket, other than that it is asite where you can post photo albums. There may be more, but I don't know.

On the other hand, Picasa covers it all. Check it out. It is really easy. Other than fancy editing and doctoring, I use it for all my photos. It will even import video from your camera if it has that capability. I just have a Cannon A620 that I shoot all my pictures and video with. I hook the camera up to the computer and tell Picasa to import. It does the rest.
Back to top Go down
Mike Goetzke

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyApril 1st 2009, 9:47 am

Burt/Dik - I have both Picasa and photobucket. I never though to use Picasa for forum posts. Maybe Dik can give a quick explanation?

(I noticed my free photobucket has 16GB limit and Picasa has only 1GB. Plus Picasa grossly charges for additional space i.e. $20/yr for 10GB and $500/yr for 400GB!)

Last edited by Mike Goetzke on April 1st 2009, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burt

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyApril 1st 2009, 11:16 am

Dik,

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded it last night.

Mike,

After looking at the two, picasa seems to be the easier one to use.

Burt
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyApril 1st 2009, 12:48 pm

When you upload pictures to a web album, you can make it public or unlisted. Public can be searched and seen when some one goes to your albums. Unlisted means that they are not seen unless you give them a link. To the right of the album, you will see a link that gives you a link to add to an e-mail, or HTML code that you insert in a post.

you can also just have the host that the site uses host your pics and not put them on a Picasa Web Album. This is what I do unless I want to put them on my blog.

I have posted a short tutorial on how to post pictures on the forum. It was taken from a post I did recently in answer to a question. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyApril 1st 2009, 7:21 pm

Burt,

How do you attach your extensions/wings?
Back to top Go down
Burt

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyApril 1st 2009, 7:43 pm

Dik Harrison wrote:
Burt,

How do you attach your extensions/wings?

Dik,

I took advantage of having the SME's on the side of the PBB. As you know the hex head of a 5/16" bolt fits in the edge of the SME. I used these to support back to backs that actually support the extensions.

Burt
Back to top Go down
Paul Greathouse

Paul Greathouse

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyApril 2nd 2009, 9:20 am

Burt

There's got to be something illegal about all the fun you are having building powerbenchs. Seriously though, great stuff. If I ever get finished with all the remodeling my wife has lined up for me, I might get a chance to upgrade my bench with some of you ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Just wish I could find a really good deal on a Unifence. Thats an upgrade I would like to make but I will have to wait until the right deal comes along to justify the expense since my stock EZ fence works so good.
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches EmptyApril 2nd 2009, 11:42 am

Burt,

I think I get the method, but can't tell from the pictures. Is is kind of like this? This is what I have come up with, an SME and B2B held together with a 3/4" ply web screwed between them. 5/16" bolt heads are sild into the top and bottom slots of the side mounted SME.

A couple power benches Extens10

A couple power benches Extens11

A couple power benches Extens12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple power benches   A couple power benches Empty

Back to top Go down

A couple power benches
Page 1 of 1