EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail

Go down 
+5
Mike Goetzke
DinoTheCarpenter
Burt
Bruce Benjamin
Andres Cuevas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mike Goetzke

An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail   An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 EmptyAugust 13th 2008, 12:15 am

Bruce Benjamin wrote:
Mike, this is what I was trying to explain to you back when you, uh, well, lost it. The new EAC-1 edges are flat. The UHMW edges are unnecessary for this purpose. Where the UHMW edges would be useful was from Andres's original plan to extend the edges for use with a saw with a, "Euro-style groove" in the base, such as the Hilti 267. Add the new EAC-1 to the outside of the UHMW and it will work fine.

Bruce

(Sorry Bruce - I tried to take that old conversation off-line and bury it once I found out how much smarter you are than I so this forum didn't become all FOG'ed up. You chose the public insult route.)

BTW - all the EAC-1's I have are not flat. Maybe the new gray EAC-2's are - I asked Dino to post a picture of one.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Bruce Benjamin

PostSubject: Re: An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail   An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 EmptyAugust 13th 2008, 1:40 am

[quote="Mike Goetzke
(Sorry Bruce - I tried to take that old conversation off-line and bury it once I found out how much smarter you are than I so this forum didn't become all FOG'ed up. You chose the public insult route.)

BTW - all the EAC-1's I have are not flat. Maybe the new gray EAC-2's are - I asked Dino to post a picture of one.

Mike[/quote]

"Public insult"??? Are you not well? Mike, I don't know why you are being so hostile to me all this time both in private and in public and I don't really appreciate it. I can only guess you're having some personal problems and I'm sorry for that. I hope things go better for you soon.

Yes, that has been the point all along...The new gray EAC-1s are flat.

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

PostSubject: A picture...   An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 EmptyAugust 13th 2008, 4:21 am

Mike,

There isn't much difference between the two EAC-1s. The new one is like the old one when it is pressed down on the wood.

An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 Old-ne10

Have fun...

Dik
Back to top Go down
http://ezsmart.blogspot.com
Mike Goetzke

PostSubject: Re: An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail   An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 EmptyAugust 13th 2008, 8:30 am

Dik Harrison wrote:
Mike,

There isn't much difference between the two EAC-1s. The new one is like the old one when it is pressed down on the wood.

Have fun...

Dik

Dik - thanks for the pic. - that's exactly what I was looking for. If you have one of the new gray edges I have a question. Would it flex if your cutoff was only supported by the anti-chip and not the rail?

Thanks,

Mike
Back to top Go down
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

PostSubject: Re: An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail   An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 EmptyAugust 13th 2008, 9:41 am

I haven't tried it, but I guess it would depend on how much of the wood in under the EAC. If I get a chance, I'll check.

Have fun...

Dik
Back to top Go down
http://ezsmart.blogspot.com
JKC

PostSubject: Euro Rail Update?   An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 EmptyApril 20th 2009, 1:11 am

Just wondering if there has been any more progress in this arena. There are several more euro style track saws out there now, and I'm hoping Hilti will soon introduce their replacement for the now discontinued (sob) model 267.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail   An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An idea for converting the ez rail in an eurorail
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2