EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets Empty
PostSubject: Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets   Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets EmptyMarch 19th 2009, 6:44 am

This thread was originally posted on SMC by Trent Flemming. It is here with his permission.

I wanted to show off my kitchen cabinets that I built using EZ tools.
I have never built cabinets before, but when we decided to add-on to the house and increase the size of the kitchen, I knew I wanted to make the cabinets. My wife, 2 boys and myself performed all the work. The beam and integrated support you see in the pictures is where a brick wall once stood. We removed 25' of brick wall and inserted a laminated beam and then covered it with red oak. In all we added 11' x 36' of space. The cabinets are made from birch ply, popular and red oak. The drawers are full extension blum tandem and I wanted to make my dovetails to pop. So the backs are popular and the sides are red oak. The dovetails were made on the woodrat. Before I started the remodeling project I was on the hunt for a cabinet saw and happened upon Dino's EZ tools, due to an ebay ad. After some reading I bit the bullet and never looked back. I had a benchtop table saw that I sold one week after receiving my PBB. I really enjoying showing off my cabinets and then telling people I did it with a circular saw. Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets Smile

Quick list of the major tooling used:
PC 325 mag on my PBB
Woodrat utilizing Dewalt router
Bench Dog router table with a Freud router
Dewalt 12' compound miter saw
Jet 6 jointer
15" Craftsman drill press (I got at a incredible price due to Sawmill creek and a Sears screw up)
Powermatic 100 planer (at first I tried a rigid lunchbox planer, but it didn't have the umphh and all my wood was in the rough)
Kreg Pocket Hole system
Google Skecthup

Thanks for looking,
Trent

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 1-1_0210

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 2-1_0310

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 3-1_0310

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 4-1_0310

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 5-1_0310

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 6-1_0310

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 6-1_0310

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 8-1_0510

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 9-1_0410

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets 10-1_010

Last edited by Dik Harrison on March 19th 2009, 6:54 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ezsmart.blogspot.com
Dik Harrison

Dik Harrison

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets Empty
PostSubject: Part 2   Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets EmptyMarch 19th 2009, 6:45 am

Von Bickley Posted:

Great looking work...... Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets Smile

Burt Wadell Posted:

Trent,

That work is beautiful. The EZ equipment is the best way I have found to make cabinets. It almost seems to be to EZ.

Again, Great work.

Burt

Randal Stevenson Posted:

Hopefully this will soon get in the jobs done by the EZ guys thread. Great job.

Dino Makropoulos Replied:

Randal, Done.Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets Cool
Hopefully this can be posted on many forums.Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets Wink

Trent, very nice. Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets Smile

Larry Strawson posted:

One word "Awesome!"

Did you take some video or step by step photos?

Would like to see some

Larry

John Schreiber Posted:

Nice work. My wife is going to see those pictures. That should increase the odds of me buying my system soon.

Jim Mumford Posted:

Trent -
It is absolutely beautiful and inspiring work. I like the laminate tops also....no stone to haul out of there the next time the kitchen needs an "update" in 15 years or so.
-Jim

Dik Harrison Posted:

Wow! Great job!

One question, it's obvious what you think of EZ, but what is your opinion of the Woodrat?

Paul Greathouse Posted:

Great looking Cabinets Trent. It's hard to beat Red Oak for classic beauty. I've built 1 kitchen and 3 bathrooms with the EZ so far.

Trent Flemming Replied:

I really appreciate the compliments. Thank you.

Larry - I am horrible about taking pictures or documenting. I looked for some pictures but only found a couple that weren't worth posting. Sorry.

Dik - I like the Woodrat, it was a bit expensive but I got mine used on Ebay. You can dial in the dovetail fit to an amazing degree. It is also nice to make evenly spaced dovetails on any width piece and be able to leave half a tail on each end of the piece. The people over at chipsfly seem to have made a newer version called the Router Boss and looks to be a nice machine. With that said, I have never used another dovetail machine, so my experience is biased.

Off to find a new EZ project!

Trent
Back to top Go down
http://ezsmart.blogspot.com

Trent Flemming - EZ Kitchen Cabinets
Page 1 of 1