EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian Laplume

New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ Empty
PostSubject: New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ   New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 11:13 am

I received my powerbench friday afternoon and tried to assemble it this morning. It didnt come with the 70" rail and a few washers and nuts were missing. I tried to use my 2 50" rails To try it out and here's where the trouble starts.
The extrusions on the bridge are either not drilled properly or I have a defective rail. The 2 extrusions will start in the rail but wont slide past 1/4" or so. The extrusions are "snowplowing" into the slots. Its the same on both ends. My rails are 1 year old going by the packing newspaper, have they changed?
All the nuts on the bridge were regular nuts and not the tri nuts. I purchased some tri nuts for some jigs, I used them on the bridge instead.
I also tried to join the rails with a center connector. the connector has 4 holes and no mater which of the holes you tighten none of them will line up with the second rail. My rails only have 1 hole about 4" in.
The new fence is also not square The video says its self aligning, I will have to trim it square, But it seems to have quite a bit of deflection at the far end. I dont know if this matters much with the deadwood system since I am unable to try it.
It seems like the old style fence (where you have to secure both ends) Would have been a better choice.
I have an email in to George. I would like to make some sawdust today If anyone has any ideas.
Brian

Last edited by Brian Laplume on March 26th 2009, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burt

PostSubject: Re: New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ   New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 1:05 pm

Brian,

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties.

Brian Laplume wrote:
I received my powerbench friday afternoon and tried to assemble it this morning. It didnt come with the 70" rail and a few washers and nuts were missing. I tried to use my 2 50" rails To try it out and here's where the trouble starts.

I'm sure that if you ordered a 70" rail, George and Dino will make sure you get it.
The extrusions on the bridge are either not drilled properly or I have a defective rail. The 2 extrusions will start in the rail but wont slide past 1/4" or so. The extrusions are "snowplowing" into the slots. Its the same on both ends. My rails are 1 year old going by the packing newspaper, have they changed?

There was some differences in some of the rails. Occasionally I run into a set that is plain old stubborn about going into the rail. Take the extrusions off the bridge and see if they will go into the rails then.
All the nuts on the bridge were regular nuts and not the tri nuts. I purchased some tri nuts for some jigs, I used them on the bridge instead.

The B-100 and B-200 was shipped with the tri nuts because they required adjustments as you use them. The height of the B-300 doesn't require adjustment so they are using regular nuts with the b-300.

I also tried to join the rails with a center connector. the connector has 4 holes and no mater which of the holes you tighten none of them will line up with the second rail. My rails only have 1 hole about 4" in.

A center connector has only two holes. Those with four holes go in the sides.
The new fence is also not square The video says its self aligning, I will have to trim it square, But it seems to have quite a bit of deflection at the far end. I dont know if this matters much with the deadwood system since I am unable to try it.

First once everything is set up with the new fence, you move it to the cutting line and trim the edge. That gives perfect alignment. Also there is a knob and a short connector that ships with the fence. You can use these to connect the end of the fence to the rail across the end of the PBB. From my experience, I use the Fence without the tiedown on the end for short rips. When I go to longer rips, I tighten the end knob.
It seems like the old style fence (where you have to secure both ends) Would have been a better choice.

'Sorry. I started typing at the wrong place.
I have an email in to George. I would like to make some sawdust today If anyone has any ideas.
Brian

Maybe this will get you started.

Burt
Back to top Go down
DinoTheCarpenter

PostSubject: Re: New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ   New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 4:57 pm

Brian Laplume wrote:
Brian

Hi Brian.
You can always call my cell.
732-259-9984
thanks.

I will go over your order tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eurekazone.com
Brian Laplume

PostSubject: Re: New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ   New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 6:15 pm

Thanks Burt. It looks like I got the wrong center connector. I guess my issue with the nuts on the bridge will depend on how much I move it on the bench i.e. the 2' side or the 4' side. I think I will stay with tri nuts to secure it. I cant use the tri nuts to secure the track due to clearance issues. No matter how loose the track connectors are I just cant slide the track on to the bridge. I tried both of the 50" tracks on both ends of the bridge.
Thanks Dino, I will wait until tomorrow and call during business hours.
Brian

'
Back to top Go down
DinoTheCarpenter

PostSubject: Re: New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ   New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 10:57 pm

Brian Laplume wrote:
No matter how loose the track connectors are I just cant slide the track on to the bridge. I tried both of the 50" tracks on both ends of the bridge.
Thanks Dino, I will wait until tomorrow and call during business hours.
Brian

'
Ez Fix. make the holes larger.
Call me any time.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eurekazone.com
Brian Laplume

PostSubject: Re: New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ   New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ EmptyMarch 26th 2009, 9:40 am

My rail arrived Yesterday, George helped me get my bridge and fence square (and installed) I recieved some superior support from the EZ guys!
I cut some plywood last night. Man I cant believe how smooth the edges were, using a 24tooth blade! I had just recieved a forrest ww2 for my tablesaw. I will be returning it!
I will admit to closing my eyes as I cut into the extrusions..The blade went through them like butter. Now I have no excuse for putting off my wifes project, the built in entertainment center.
Thanks Brian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ   New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ Empty

Back to top Go down

New power bench arrived. All problems fixed EZ
Page 1 of 1