EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
A new forum is now up.

http://tracksawforum.com/index.php
EurekaZone Focus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EurekaZone Focus Group

EurekaZone now has a new forum, please support it. http://tracksawforum.com/index.php

HomeHome  Test PortalTest Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Announcement
EurekaZone is supporting a new forum, Track Saw Forum. Please visit and support it. The forum here will become inactive in the near future.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 223 registered users
The newest registered user is Gene

Our users have posted a total of 850 messages in 227 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
da Yooper

Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package Empty
PostSubject: Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package   Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package EmptyApril 26th 2009, 10:01 pm

I am new to this forum. I build cabinets for a hobby. I have been looking at the EZ Smart guide system for breaking down sheets of plywood and finally cracked. However, I bought it through a friend so it was untraceable to SWMBO.

I really like the system. My present project, I broke down 5 sheets of 3/4" oak and the system really worked nice. I did break one of the EAC-1 while setting up the system. And it is very important to wait until the blade stops before you lift the saw off the guide. I ruined both anti chip edges on the guide, but I didnt use the other two yet, so I will trim those to fit when I get the chance.

All in all, I really like the system. I do plan to get a Makita 5008 MGA as one of my next purchases.

Rich (aka - da Yooper)
Back to top Go down
Bo Jones

PostSubject: Re: Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package   Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package EmptyApril 27th 2009, 9:22 am

Welcome Rich. Your system will really shine when you build cabinets with it. And the 5008 is a very good tool. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here that enjoy helping, so don't hesitate asking questions. I'm a raw beginner, but have learned a lot in just reading the threads.

Bo
Back to top Go down
bobandman

PostSubject: Re: Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package   Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package EmptyApril 28th 2009, 12:18 pm

Hi Rich, I also really like the EZ system. I guess you know about the different Bridge systems that EZ offers. I have the B-300, let me tell you, it is the one thing that any woodworker should have in his shop or garage or basement or wherever your cutting wood. Your saw sits on the guide rail and you don't need to remove it, your guide rail is connected to the B-300 you lower the handle and your rail and saw rise up, you place your wood under the rail and raise the handle and the rail and saw come down for your cut. I can't say enough about the B-300, it saves so much time and is a real asset.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Mike Goetzke

PostSubject: Re: Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package   Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package EmptyApril 28th 2009, 1:29 pm

Rich - I've been there done that several times when I was getting used to the system. You have already learned why a saw with a brake is important and will get into the habit of waiting till the blade stops - it's just the learning curve. I've progressed through Makita 5007, 5008, and now the "BIG" boy 5104. I was able to catch the 5104 when it was offered by Dino on e-bay with the MS cash-back deal. This 5104 is great on the bridge. But, that being said I miss the smaller saws for pure rail work so I picked up a new 5007 off my local CL but haven't put a base on it yet. I think the 5008 is the best choice if you want just one saw. The only negative is that the 8-1/4" blades tend to be expensive and hard to find locally.

Care to share what your project is?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package   Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package Empty

Back to top Go down

Intro - EZ Smart 100" Package
Page 1 of 1